(This is a general interpretation of Holy Scripture, please read the WORD for yourself and pray. Do not take our word as law, there is only ONE LAW, the WORD of GOD.)
The world is a-buzz with the news that an early portrait of Yeshua (Jesus) may have been found in a cave in Jordan. This story is ripped straight from a script, but that would be art imitating life not the other way around.
Strip away the outer layer of intrigue, the next layer of pretty visuals that have captivated the world, to an extent. The American mainstream press is ignoring this story and maybe they should. Then again maybe they should not, nobody knows, yet.
With all the muck surrounding the Church, from koran burning preachers who initiate the deaths of dozens, to funeral protesting hate mongers who dare to carry signs that says GOD hates; the rest of the phrase doesn't matter. We have changed the ordinance and broken the covenant. The terrible deeds have done and we ourselves have created most of the darkness. We are destroyed because of our lack of knowledge, if we are in fact living in those terrible days.
Our lack of knowledge will be our great downfall.
The face Yeshua (Jesus) the Christ, the Resurrected living WORD of GOD revealed and certainly not for the first time. Take 2 minutes and read it. That is the face of our atonement.
1. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
This chapter of Isaiah explains one of the more confusing facts of Yeshua's life.
36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
Lets get to know Christ and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.