(This is a general interpretation of Holy Scripture. Please read the scriptures for yourself, atone for your sins, pray to G-D our Father, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven which is inside of you. If you ask G-D for guidance and knowledge he will give it to you. Please do not take our word as law.)
In this section of the Gospel of Matthew Chapter 17 we will learn a very valuable lesson with regard to a demonic presence being within a person or within a structure. We will also read yet another statement from our Messiah and King Yeshua the Christ about the true power of the Kingdom of Heaven and the seed of faith within us.
14. And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15. Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20. And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Notice in the last verse Jesus said "this kind" or this kind of demon. He noted the difference in demonic power. Many people who may have a haunting in their homes will obviously turn to a man of G-D and have the house blessed. Most of the time this will take care of the problem but there are times when a simple anointing will not do the job. Just like the disciples above most people will go through the motions of blessing or trying to remove a demonic presence and this is precisely why this is such an important lesson, the disciples thought by their commission they could take care of anything, but they were wrong, dead wrong.
I tell people the truth and say that your anointing may put this entity to sleep but it may come back, usually if negativity is prevalent in the home. You don't want to discourage a person but you want them to understand that if the entity is powerful enough you cannot act alone, you will need to fast and commit yourself to deep prayer for a prolonged period of time, to purify yourself, to become closer to G-D. Satan is tricky, he will hide and let you think you have won. He will allow you to inflate your ego and then POW he hits you again. This results in the deflation of your faith and satan knows that.