(This is a general interpretation of the Holy Scriptures. Please read the scriptures for yourself, atone for sin, pray and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven which is inside of us all. Please do not take our word as law...)
The following lesson is one of the more controversial teachings (in our modern society) of Christ as it deals with the strict nature of marriage and celibacy. Jesus defined marriage in a strict unwavering manner, a strictness that is rarely observed today.
1. And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2. And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Yeshua stated that Moses' rules on marriage had been influenced by the people that surrounded him. This is probably, too my knowledge, THE ONLY time that Yeshua contradicted Moses. We will not post what Moses said of marriage as it will only confuse the issue but Jesus clearly stated that ancient Israelis influenced Moses decree on divorce.
Yeshua clearly states that if you divorce your wife, or husband, for anything other than fornication, then if you marry again you are committing adultery as your divorce was not recognized by G-D. Also, if you marry a person who divorced in this manner you and her, or him, are committing adultery.
We ask for forgiveness for the sins "we think" we have committed. We do not ask for forgiveness for sins that we have no idea we have committed. So the "ignorance" of many will lead to sins that are unforgiven thus if we die we will have sin on our souls. Even the most committed and hardened Christian will be a worker of iniquity in the eyes of Yeshua and the Father. So be careful and LEARN. Ask G-D for knowledge of his Word and he will give it to you... I promise...
10. His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
12. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
Now this is one of the most controversial, in our time, teachings of Yeshua. He certainly supported a celibate lifestyle, if a man could do it. He DID NOT support celibacy over marriage (read verses 4 and 5). There are two ways of looking at this lesson on celibacy; first one could look at it as strictly a lesson on abstinence. Another way to look at this lesson may be a teaching on castration, as Christ used a eunuch as an example. Either way if a man can actually adhere to a celibate lifestyle for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake he should try it, if he fails, he is not a sinner, nor should be demoted as a lesser Priest of G-D.
The number lesson to realize in this teaching is that it is YOUR CHOICE to be celibate or not. If I am not mistaken this is the ONLY teaching of Yeshua that gives you a choice to follow it or not.